Remember to check out the Dance Map! This map is run with Google Maps but contains layers and special icons to show you just exactly where classes and/or events are being held by our dance community. A tutorial for how to use the map, for the map beginners will be available in the coming months.
If you’d like to submit information to the newsletter please fill out the Form or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking forward to helping you find your dance!
Saturday, December 1, 2018
Language of the Body and Music with Florence Leclerc
Location: Studio Oasis – Studio Denise Enan – 200 blvd. St-Joseph, Gatineau, QC
Time: 1-4pm Price: $75
Come experiment expressing your most valuable tool: your body! We’ll explore the relation between the body and music. There are specific energies that express music in different ways.
Saturday, December 8, 2018
Travelling Steps with Florence Leclerc
Time: 1-4pm Price: $75
Left or right, front or back, the steps are endless and essential in oriental dance. Come discover more than just steps, technique and stylized combinations set in space for greater ease and precision when travelling.
December 12, 2016 – Ottawa Class Belly Dance Show#1
Host: Niki of Corazon – email@example.com
Location: Ottawa University Academic Hall Theatre – 135 Séraphin-Marion Private, Ottawa, ON K1N 1A2
Doors open: 6:30pm
Show start promptly at 7:00pm
- NO refunds at the door. – If a student has extra tickets to return the night of the show, yes, we usually can use them. Thank you for your donation to the expenses of the event.
- ALL ” AT THE DOOR PICK UPS” that are not paid in advance, will be $15 – whether they are a performer,student or guest.
- ALL “paid in advance tickets”, left in an envelope for pick up at the door, must be picked up by 6:50 p.m. the night of the show unless special notice is given – if someone is dancing in the second set and will only arrive after the show has begun. After that they will be re-introduced into the for sale tickets at $15 each for any last minute hopefuls.
- Parking: directly behind the building – same rate as Alumni $9 max till 11pm – you can see the Nordstrom Rideau center sign (Waller and Stewart). There is another parking lot to the side with designated visitor spots but I would use the one directly behind the theater building as those are more expensive with limited lots. Some folks were able to find free parking on residential streets.
- Accessibility: There is a wheelchair lift to bring you to the lobby. The only washroom accessible in the one in the performer lounge. We can remove seats in the front for the wheelchair. Please ask folks to let me know in advance to ensure we have the proper accommodation.
Nada El-Masriya – Oriental Intensive Workshops with a fun Halfa! June 7-9, 2019 in Ottawa!!! Please see the event page for Workshop details and registration here
JUNE 7, 2019 – CABARET 613